Monday, January 24, 2011

2:00am...Man vs. Food and the Toothfairy

Ahhh 2:00am....my old friend...here we are again. I have a love/hate relationship going on with Sundays. I hate them because it usually involves laundry, getting things ready for the week ahead, and there never seems to be much good on TV all day unless you are a big fan of TBS movies starring Stephen Segal. I love them because usually my husband does not have to work and he will get up with Emma and do the whole food/insulin/diabetes management duties and let me sleep in. I love it. It is like I'm able to refill my sleep tank which makes me feel slightly more normal and slightly less zombie Mommy-ish. It will usually tide me over until at least Wednesday...and then the tiredness starts to creep back in. Well, in any case...as most of you D-Moms and Dads out there will agree with I am sure...sleep is an amazing thing that we all are lacking in. In fact, I told my husband the other day that I think if someone offered me $1000 or the chance to sleep in as late as I wanted to...I would choose sleep hands down! I actually slept in today (technically yesterday at this point) until 1:00pm. I woke up feeling refreshed and like a brand new person. It was amazing! My only issue with this is....now here I am sitting at 2:00am...completely 100% not tired in the slightest. I have to be up in about 5 hours to get my daughter ready and out the door for school. It's almost not even worth it to go to sleep! I should though...if I don't, I think I will be regretting it come supper time tomorrow (today?) Ugh...I can't even blame my confuzzled thinking about what day it actually is on lack of sleep!
Anyway, I've been watching some sort of marathon of the tv show "Man vs. Food" tonight. I highly recommend it if you are ever awake at 2:00am....he is quite a guy. I can't help but think what this guys poor pancreas is having to handle as he is sitting there eating this stuff! 5 bowls of the world's hottest chili? a 12 patty burger? a 6 pound milkshake?  woah.
Well, one final thought before I attempt to go lay down and sleep...Emma lost her 3rd tooth tonite! It was one of the front top ones this time and she looks absolutely adorable. I must now go do my tooth fairy duties and make the switch...pull the tooth out from under the pillow and slide the money back under. It's a good thing she is such a sound sleeper!!

1 comment:

  1. My husband used to handle everything on the weekends and let me sleep in too, except now with the baby he can't really help out in that department (Mattias won't take a bottle). So I had to say goodbye to my sleep ins for now and I sure miss them!

    I usually watch Law & Order in the middle of the night when I'm up... there's always one on somewhere!

    ReplyDelete