Sunday, March 4, 2012

For Meri and her family

There is a woman out there that I have never met. I've never spoken to her, never emailed, never chatted on Facebook...and yet she has been in my thoughts all day today. I have read her blog posts many times. I've laughed, I've cried, I've felt that connection that occurs when reading the words of another D-Mom. Her family is struggling at the moment. The are in need of a miracle. She has 4 children and 3 of them are type 1 diabetic. Her husband has battled cancer once already in his life and is now battling it again. They are fighters. They are strong. I do not know this family, but I feel like I do from reading Meri's words and how she describes them. The love she has for her family...her children...her husband...it is inspiring to say the least.
I went about my day today like usual. It was full of the typical Sunday activities....laundry, dishes, cooking. I took Emma to go see "The Lorax", we spent some quality time together as a family.....and all the while thoughts of Meri kept popping into my head. Wondering what her and her family were doing at that moment in time...wondering if her husband Ryan was ok...if he was in pain...if he was struggling. I wondered if Meri's beautiful boys were scared...if they were overcome with fear over what was occuring with their Dad. I wondered if Meri was ok...if she was struggling and trying to be brave for her boys. I wondered if she was sitting there holding her husband's hand and praying...praying with all of her heart and soul for a miracle.
I know my words and my thoughts of this family might not seem like much in the grand scheme of things because, like I said, I do not know Meri...I do not know her beautiful family. I do hope though that there were many others out there in this world praying for them...praying for them together and sending out all of their love and their light and their healing thoughts. I hope that the powers that be will hear these pleas. Whatever you choose to believe in, whatever you choose is right in your own heart...I hope that you will take a minute today to stop and think of Meri and her family and send out your own healing thoughts, your light, your prayers. I hope that Meri and her family will feel the love and they will be comforted by it in some way. I hope that they will feel a peace in their hearts knowing that they are not alone.
I know you may never read my words, Meri...but if you happen across this post...I just want you to know that I believe. I believe in miracles because I have seen them first hand. I have seen them in the eyes of my own daughter. I have seen them in the world around me. I believe. I am sending out my light and my prayers to you all and I am standing alongside you giving you my strength when you need it most. Thank you for being you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Amy! Sending out light and love to Meri and her family.

    ReplyDelete