Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I try

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind this time...this time I'm losing my mind...
How many more times will I have to do this? How many more days?
How many more numbers and needles? How many more steps to take?
Sometimes I feel like the monotony of the gravity will consume me.
Like a broken promise on a cold park bench in a forgotten town silenced by the rest.
Waiting...always waiting...
For that knight in shining armor to arrive upon his steed
And kiss away the scars of my broken heart that bleeds.
The breath of my unspoken fears hanging heavy in the air
Trapped behind my mask of gratitude that I put on without a care.
You can't always get what you want...they say
You have to believe...have hope...and pray.
Don't sweat the small stuff
And good things come to those who wait...
What if I were to look you in the eye and cry
I don't want to wait?
Would you see the exhaustion beneath my mask?
Would you care?
Or would you stare....
And blink away the bad puns and cheesy cliches as you go on about your merry way?
I will sigh and continue to try...
It's what I do...
I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment