Monday, August 13, 2012

Inspired

After reading something a friend wrote today, I was inspired. I love how powerful words are. I love how the proper placement of these words have the power to change someones entire way of thinking. I decided that I am not going to focus on the frustration in my life anymore...I'm not going to focus on the bad numbers, the bad days, the hard times. I'm not going to focus on the doubting voice in my head, the people that try to bring me down, the ignorance, or the obstacles put in front of me. I am not going to waste the time or the energy on being negative...wallowing in self-pity, muddling through the murky waters of the dark days this disease is guaranteed to throw at you from time to time.
Instead, I am going to focus on the good. I am going to focus on what I can do as an individual. I'm going to focus on what I can do to make my daughter see that SHE can do this...SHE can not only live this life with diabetes, but she can thrive with it. I am going to focus on the little moments in time that seem to pass us by so quickly...those moments that will be the things that I will reflect upon when I am old and gray. I am making a conscious decision to live in the moment and not beat myself up and not get down on myself for making mistakes...because really, what kind of a person would I be today if I hadn't made the mistakes that I made leading up to this point? I am choosing to focus on the good. I am choosing to be the best me I can be. I am choosing to stand up, do the right thing, and not care what anyone else thinks...because those that will be against me or not stand beside me, just are not worth the time. I am choosing to wake up each morning and acknowledge that while yes, I am tired.....I am lucky to have simply woken up. I want to make a difference. I want to leave a mark on this Earth...not for the recognition or the praise....but merely for the challenge...for the principle of the matter...for my child. I want to do right by her and I want to show her that she can do absolutely anything that she sets her mind to. I want her to know that there will be hard work involved, there will be obstacles, there will be negativity and people that will try to stop her or bring her down........but I want her to know that anything is possible.
I want to be kind to myself. I want to allow myself the right to screw up...the right to learn...the right to move forward and become a better person. I want to focus on the happy. I want to focus on the good...because deep down inside, beneath all the sarcasm and the jokes....I have a good heart...I have love...I have hope....and honestly, that is all you really need to change the world for the better.

1 comment: