Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I lingered a little longer

I lingered a little longer tonight as I said goodnight
I felt her arms wrapped around my neck
Whispering I love you Mommy in my ear
I lingered
Savouring each fleeting moment
Echoes of our day ringing in my head
A beautiful symphony of
Laughter
Light
Love
I lingered a little longer tonight
Because I know that time is not on my side
I blink and she's grown
I glance away for but a second
And she's becoming more.....
Herself.
I lingered a little longer tonight
Holding her in my arms
Breathing in her youth
Hanging on to my child
Hanging on to my heart
Hanging on to my life
I lingered a little longer tonight
Visions of the days that lie ahead
Flashing through my mind
Trying to force their way through to the front
To the now
Visions of the unknown
Full of hope and
Breathtaking movements yet to be composed.
For life is but a sonnet
Twinkling through the treetops
Dancing off into the sunset on the horizon
I lingered a little longer tonight
I held my baby in my arms
I held onto the moment...
the now
greatful for the moment...
the now
I lingered a little longer tonight.

1 comment: