Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mumford and Sons concert last night!!

Last night Emma and I had the most amazing time. We went to see Mumford and Sons in concert! It was hands down the best concert I have ever been to in my life. When we arrived and walked hand in hand into the building, I was immediately overwhelmed...there were thousands of people everywhere of course. I had taken Emma to one other concert a couple of years ago...the Jonas Brothers to be exact...lol....and that place was huge as well, however there were tons of other kids there too. At last nights show, Emma was by far the youngest kid in the crowd. On the one hand I was proud of her and excited for her...I love showing her new things and letting her experience new things...I love introducing her to all different types of music as opposed to just being stuck on whatever the Disney Channel shoves down kids throats these days. On the other hand, I was a little nervous because I didn't want to lose her in the crowd. So, I had her hand in a death grip basically and we slowly made our way through to the actual concert area. I was immediately impressed with how everyone around us was so ok and helpful with seeing a kid there. Complete strangers were stepping out of the way and letting her through...smiling down at her and asking her if she was ready to rock out and sing along. It was great.
So, once the concert started the place erupted in a wave of screams and applause. I looked down at Emma's face expecting her to be plugging her ears against the noise and squeezing her eyes shut....instead I was met with a gigantic smile and she was jumping up and down and screaming right along with everyone! At one point during "Little Lion Man" I heard her scream "THIS IS THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE MOMMY!! I WANT TO STAY HERE FOREVER!"
Like I mentioned before, I am a huge Mumford fan and was beyond excited to see them live...but I would have to say that my absolute favorite part of the whole night was seeing Emma's reaction...seeing her soak in all of the excitement...all of the incredible music...all of the lights and cheers and dancing...the entire moment. I know that she will never forget it for the rest of her life...and I will never forget the look on her face for the rest of my life! I love how much more I learned about Mumford too...they are musicians who truly are humble and down to Earth...musicians who so evidently love what they do...musicians who were made to do this...they live, breathe, and love their art. I love how at concerts like that...when you are there in that room with them and thousands of other people...for hours at a time...to me it always feels like you are on another planet...lost in the love...entirely seperated from the rest of the world. There is no work, no school, no worries, no stress...nothing.....just you and this room full of people sharing something so special that there are no words to appropriately describe it....beauty and love come close...but even they don't do it justice. It's an incredible feeling and I am so glad that I got to experience it with my daughter.
My broken toe was forgotten until the end of the night...it's a nice shade of blackish purple today! Diabetes attempted to get in the middle of things a couple of times...but I managed to show it who's boss and throw it out of the show...this was OUR time...OUR moment!
My camera sucks, but I did manage to get a couple pre-show pics of Emma and I...and then a couple of the show on my phone (however I have no idea how to get pictures off of my phone onto the computer...lol...yea...i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!)

1 comment:

  1. So, so, so incredibly jealous! I am a huge fan as well. AND...I could totally relate to the "death grip". I would be freakin' about losing Joe in the crowd. xo

    ReplyDelete