Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My kid is DEFINITELY a morning person...WOAH

The other day I woke up to find Emma's face mere inches from mine...close enough to feel her breath on my nose. I opened my eyes and she instantly started chattering away. My kid is definitely a morning person...I on the other hand am not. She was talking away about anything and everything...how her morning was so far, what she had eaten for breakfast when her Daddy had woken up with her earlier, what her friend had told her at school 3 weeks ago while playing at recess, what the cat was currently doing...everything. I have learned to love this chatter. I think it's because I have experienced more times than I would like to have experienced...the flip side of that coin. Where she is ill and not talking...just laying there, pale, quiet, tired. Even though I am always tired when I get up in the morning due to having to get up and check her blood sugar during the night, I LOVE seeing her talking a mile a minute like that. I have always been one to shuffle and stumble around in the morning until I get my first cup of coffee in me. If I had things my way, we would all stay up all night and sleep till noon every day. I remember as a kid, when someone asked me one time what I wanted to be when i grew up, I said that I wanted to do something where I could work night shift like my Dad did. Even back then I was all for staying up at night and sleeping during the day! Some things never change I guess. Anyway, after she managed to pause for a second and take a breath while talking to me that morning...she shoved a piece of paper in my face and told me that she had written me a poem. Seeing as how I couldn't focus my eyes quite yet, I asked her to read it out loud for me instead. It was adorable...so I thought I would share it here:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
May i say I love you?
A dove is a peaceful bird like a nerd
The dog Molly is so not like a dolly named peaceful Polly!
Do you think so Joe?
Maybe no
hamster would
hamster should
6 year olds pick up sticks and help to mix
The end

I love it!! I think I will keep it forever and show her when she is older. One final note before I go, this morning when i got Emma up to get ready for school...she started chattering away as soon as her eyes were open as usual. I learned that she knows how to count by 5's all the way to 1000....awesome...lolol...what a goofball.

No comments:

Post a Comment