Thursday, January 27, 2011

The dingo ate your baby!!

So I am officially "off my rocker" according to Emma. The other day I was laying up in her bed with her for a few minutes before bedtime...just like we do every single night...and like usual the goofiness started to happen. Emma had a baby doll, a scarf, and a sock monkey that she was playing with. She decided to tie the scarf around the babies belly and fling it over the edge of the bed and pretend she was fishing. Hmmm...fishing for babies??? Not sure how she came up with this game, but I went along with it none the less. Well, after a few minutes of pretending to struggle with reeling in the "big catch of the day"...she finally pulled the scarf all the way up...only to realize that the "big catch" got away!! The scarf came undone from the baby doll and she was lying on the floor still. Well, instead of pointing this out to Emma...I shouted in my best English/Australian/???who knows what accent, "The Dingo ate your baby!!!" Well, Emma thought this was absolutely THE most hilarious thing she had ever heard and burst into giggles. Her laugh makes me laugh uncontrollably every single time. So there we were laughing away to the point of tears streaming out of our eyes and basically no sound coming out. It was the best. I love moments like those. Those little snipits of time in our lives are what it's really all about. Laughing until you can't breathe and your belly hurts....giggling away with your kids to the point where you can't even make eye contact with them without bursting out into uncontrollable laughter all over again.
I spend so much of my time worrying about Emma's diabetes. Stressing about everything that it entails. Wishing that there was some sort of crystal ball that I could look into and make sure that Emma will be ok tomorrow, next month, 30 years from now. So, it is nice when those moments come along and make me forget about diabetes. It also makes it all the more sweet when Emma said to me afterwards, "Mommy? I like that you are funny and not strict like other people's Moms." That made me smile.

1 comment:

  1. very funny! Love it when we can just forget and be normal ppl for just a moment!

    ReplyDelete