Saturday, November 5, 2011

The stillness of the night

So, I walked to the park with Emma tonight after supper and these words came crashing into my mind...so now that the house is quiet and I am the only one awake...I decided to write them in a poem.

Down the long and winding road we go
hand in hand...weathering the cold as one
The moonlight shining down upon your face
casting an innocent glow
an ease and comfort...peaceful and lovely
surrounding us, leaving behind an afterglow so bright,
like a flashbulb trail in the night.
My breath puffs out before me which each step
a brief cloud which my body crashes through
as we move ever onward...
and all the while you will smile.
The stillness of the night...
the moment...the fight
is not lost on me in this time.
We will rise above and soar the skies
leaving footprints on the stars that pass us by.
Side by side
we will master this life,
and leave behind an echo of laughter
in the cold dark night.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Donna
    www.sugarkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a talented poet. Love this.

    ReplyDelete