Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mish-mash blather for the day

Sooooooo...where to begin? where to begin? Once again I have a few random things floating around my head, so here goes. Last night I had a very odd dream...it was about grocery shopping. Yes, I know I need to get a life if the topic of my dreams is grocery shopping. Well, anyway...I was pushing the cart along and came to the meat section and happened to notice that there was a sale on turkeys. The sign said $5 per turkey! Before I decided to start loading up my cart with as many turkeys as I could fit in there, I for some reason began frantically searching for the nutrition information on the frozen turkeys! I was in a panic because I could not find out the number of carbs in the turkeys! umm....we are now 2 and a half years into this disease and I am fully aware of the fact that there are ZERO carbs in a turkey. Apparantly my subconscious self thought otherwise. Needless to say, I never found the carb info because I woke up. I wonder what the hell that dream means?
I also went to a chinese buffet restaurant for supper tonight. I always find it funny how we handle dinners like that. I walk around with Emma holding her plate and putting whatever she wants on it for her (which usually consists of a WIDE variety of foods surrounding a mountainous pile of mashed potatoes...my kid loves those). Then we sit down and I take out my phone and snap a picture of all the food on her plate so I can look at it after to count the carbs and give her needle! I get some odd looks from people when i do that...they must think I am crazy for photographing a plate of food. Who cares though...lol. Well, tonite when it was needle time the woman at the table behind us saw me giving Emma her shot. Then i heard some discussion behind me and my ears pricked up at the word "needle" in particular. Well, instantly my momma bear gloves came out (lol...bears don't wear gloves!..gawd i'm tired) and I was preparing myself for the rude looks or snide comments I sometimes get. Instead, the woman actually asked me about diabetes...she asked quite a few questions and seemed really interested in what I had to tell her about it! What a nice surprise that was. Educating the public about type 1 diabetes is exhausting sometimes cause I get tired of saying the same things over and over and over again....but I will continue to do my best. It is always nice though to encounter someone like the woman i met tonite who will actually ASK the questions.
ok...so i know this post didn't really have any specific direction or topic....lol...but I am too tired to try and organize my thoughts. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment