Sunday, September 19, 2010

and so it begins...

So, i decided to start a blog for a couple of reasons...(A) I have a 6 year old daughter who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 2 years ago and I would love to share some of our daily struggles and triumphs with this stupid disease...and (2) I've been told that I am a good writer and have a good sense of humour...so we shall see! Anyway, for my first post I would like to bring up something that I have been thinking of since last night. As I am sure many of you out there do, I was waiting up until 1:00am to check my daughter, Emma's blood sugar so i could go to sleep and not lay there wondering if she would go low overnight. I was sitting there wondering how in the world I am able to function on such little sleep? How did I manage to run my errands that day, clean the fish tank, and clean the litter box, take Emma to her piano lesson, and her 2 hour long gymnastics class without messing anything up? How did I manage not to fall asleep at the wheel or take Emma to her piano lesson in her gymnastics leotard? I thought I knew what tired was before! Anyway, I am going to have to cut this short now as I have to get supper on the table...but i am really looking forward to having this blog to dump everything out of my brain related to life with diabetes. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment